Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Portfolio: 2nd 16

After some more photography, much thought and not a small amount of angst, I have now selected a second set of images.  With the exception of the Olympiagelande Winter set, each set has a single change:

Same Location: 4 Seasons


Spring

Summer
 

Autumn
 

Winter

I still have some doubts about Spring, the first of the photographs, I think another week will bring better development of the foliage.  However, that is then that, as I will not get another chance to shoot Spring until 2013.

Olympiagelande: Spring

1

 2

3

I have fully embraced the theme of the spring blossom, but tried to select 3 distinctive photographs. Any other images either echo Winter (bare trees) or Summer (bright skies and t-shirts).

Olympiagelande: Summer


4

5

6

Here I have dropped a weak photo and homed in on the theme of the water ski tournament.  The last photo replaces the architectural one from an earlier set.

Olympiagelande: Autumn

7

8

9

Sadly I have decided to drop the photo containing reflections on the lake.  The shadow on the left of the photo was too strong and although it could be weakened this left the photo looking a little artificial.

Olympiagelande: Winter

10

11

12


Very happy with this set, in fact I have so many strong winter images that I could have done the whole portfolio on winter and still have better images than for the other seasons.

This is now very close to final.  I will check with my tutor and then come back to the images on my return from vacation.  I have not printed anything yet, this might introduce some additional issues, but I don't expect that to be a problem

No comments:

Post a Comment